UPK-D4 Hybrid SS-Poly
A minimal guard version of the Pocket Sai. The guards have been reduced to minimum amount of grip for blade retraction.
This version of UPK-D1 Pocket Sai has a HARDENED STAINLESS STEEL Blade and a Composite Polymer Handle
Hybrid Thrower - The combo of a hardened stainless blade with a Polymer handle provides a tough throwable Pocket Sai for practice and training at a reduced cost. A blade made in 440A high carbon martensitic stainless steel with a hardness of HRC40-44 makes a tough resilient stainless made for throwing and can take extreme abuse offering bending where harder alloys will break. This combination is a notable upgrade from the Full Polymer trainer.
- Blade Milled from 440A Stainless Steel
- Heat Treated to 40-44 HRC
- 220+ ksi Tensile Strength
- Handle made in POLYMER
- 50% Glass-filled Nylon (gun frame material)
- 9 ksi Tensile Strength
- Custom Button made in Anodized Aluminum
- 6061-T6 Aluminum with Red Anodize
- Custom Screws made in 450 Stainless steel
- Heat Treated by Age Hardening to the H900 condition HRC 45
- 301 Stainless Steel Springs
- Cold work Hardened to a Spring Temper
- Extended length: 11.7 inches (297 mm)
- Collapsed length: 7.3 inches (186 mm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz.