D-Series Hard-Coat 7075-T6 Aluminum Button
available as an UPGRADE KIT
This can be used to UPGRADE or replace a D-Series Button, notably converting a Red Button to have a stronger button made a select color choice.
*It is not recommended to change an SS button to a Black Hardcoat aluminum button on a Full Hardened SS version as this would be a downgrade in strength with a heavy handle resulting in a low lifetime of the button due to impacts.
UPK-D1, D2, and D4
Handle Material Comparison (Tensile Strength)
- 440A Stainless Steel 220+ ksi
- 7075-T6 Aluminum 74 ksi
- 50% Glass-filled Nylon 9 ksi
- Requires Torx T20 Driver to remove screws (Not Included)
- There are 2 stainless springs located under/inside the Button, maintain pressure on button when loosening the Lock screw, recommend opening slowly.
- Upgrade requires the use of Loctite 243 during screw replacement and is included
Button Kit (uses existing Hardware)
- Hard-Coat Anodized 7075-T6 Button
- Loctite 243 0.5ml