*Pre-Order* UPK-D1 Pocket Sai GunMetal
restock estimate: Mar 4th 2023
Pre-Orders will be fulfilled FIFO, Thank you for your patience!
Inspired by the traditional Okinawan Sai, Pocket Sai are more practical to carry. When closed the Handle slides to eclipse the blade’s edges and point making an integrated sheath. It's one-button locking mechanism is designed to engage automatically in the open or closed position and must be pressed to unlock it from either end.
This Pocket Sai is made in 100% HARDENED STAINLESS STEEL
Hardcore Blade Steel – UPGRADED! made in Sandvik 14C28N, the upgrade to AEB-L Stainless, same toughness with optimized corrosion resistance heat-treated with cryo to HRC 60-61. The blade is fluted adding blood grooves inspired by the teeth of history’s most prolific predators. This is the most hardcore version of the Pocket Sai.
Traditional Sai- The original Okinawan Sai is a defensive melee weapon optimized for non-lethal techniques used by Okinawan police of feudal Japan to control and subdue, noting that the saki(point) or yoku(prongs) offer pointed tips that could be used for more lethal strikes. I shaped the monouchi(main blade) of the Pocket Sai with beveled edges that draw to a point giving it a more ominous look and a more effective tip for its compact size. Like traditional Sai, the Pocket Sai is without live edges, this provides better resilience to weapon-on-weapon impact.
- Blade Milled in-house (US Made) from Sandvik 14C28N Stainless Steel
- Heat Treated w/ Cryo HRC 60+/-1HRC
- Handle made in 440A Stainless Steel
- Heat Treated to HRC 45
- Custom Hardware(Button and screws) made in 450 Stainless steel
- Heat Treated by Age Hardening to the H900 condition HRC 45
- 301 Stainless Steel Springs
- Cold work Hardened to a Spring Temper
- Extended length: 11.7 inches (297 mm)
- Collapsed length: 7.3 inches (186 mm)
- Weight: 0.5 lb (8 oz.)