D4-AL Black Hard-Coat 7075-T6 Aluminum Blade
available as an UPGRADE KIT
This can be used to UPGRADE or replace a D-Series Blade, notably converting a Red Polymer Blade on an Polymer Trainer to have a stronger Blade with an all BLACK appearance.
Alternatively it can be used to convert a Fully Stainless Thrower Edition to have a lightweight Black anodized Blade, noting it is a reduction in strength, but still strong enough for EDC duty carry.
UPK-D1, D2, and D4
Handle Material Comparison (Tensile Strength)
- 440A Stainless Steel 220+ ksi
- Black 7075-T6 Aluminum 70 ksi
- Red 50% Glass-filled Nylon 9 ksi
- Requires Torx T20 Driver to remove screws (Not Included)
- There are 2 stainless springs located under/inside the Button, maintain pressure on button when loosening the Lock screw, recommend opening slowly.
- Upgrade requires the use of Loctite 243 in all 3 instances of hardware screws and is included
Black Blade Kit (uses existing Hardware)
- Black Hard-Coat Anodized 7075-T6 Blade
- Loctite 243 0.5ml