UPK-D1 Pocket Sai Hybrid SS-AL
Inspired by the traditional Okinawan Sai, Pocket Sai are more practical to carry. When closed the Handle slides to eclipse the blade’s edges and point making an integrated sheath. It's one-button locking mechanism is designed to engage automatically in the open or closed position and must be pressed to unlock it from either end.
This version of UPK-D1 Pocket Sai has a HARDENED STAINLESS STEEL Blade and a Black Hard-Coat Anodized 7075-T6 Handle
Hybrid SS-Al (EDC) - The hardened stainless blade with a 7075-T6 Aluminum handle provides a tough throwable Pocket Sai for practice, training, and EDC. A blade made in 440A high carbon martensitic stainless steel makes a tough resilient blade capable of throwing and taking extreme abuse offering bending where harder alloys will break. This combo is a notable upgrade from the SS-Poly hybrid and qualifies for EDC Defense.
Traditional Sai- The original Okinawan Sai is a defensive melee weapon optimized for non-lethal techniques used by Okinawan police of feudal Japan to control and subdue, noting that the saki(point) or yoku(prongs) offer pointed tips that could be used for more lethal strikes. I shaped the monouchi(main blade) of the Pocket Sai with beveled edges that draw to a point giving it a more ominous look and a more effective tip for its compact size. Like traditional Sai, the Pocket Sai is without live edges, this provides better resilience to weapon-on-weapon impact.
- Blade Milled from 440A Stainless Steel
- Heat Treated to 37-40 HRC
- 220+ ksi Tensile Strength
- Handle made in 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Hard-Coat Anodized Black
- 70 ksi Tensile Strength
- Custom Button made in Anodized Aluminum
- 6061-T6 Aluminum with Red Anodize
- 7075-T6 Aluminum with Black Hardcoat
- Custom Screws made in 450 Stainless steel
- Heat Treated by Age Hardening to the H900 condition HRC 45
- 301 Stainless Steel Springs
- Cold work Hardened to a Spring Temper
- Extended length: 11.7 inches (297 mm)
- Collapsed length: 7.3 inches (186 mm)
- Weight: 6.0 oz.