UPK-D4 Hybrid SS-Al
A minimal guard version of the Pocket Sai. The guards have been reduced to the minimum amount for grip during blade retraction.
This version of UPK-D4 Bayonet has a Hardened 440A Stainless Steel Blade and a Black Hard-coat 7075-T6 Aluminum Handle
Hybrid SS-Al (EDC+Thrower) - The combo of a hardened stainless blade with a 7075-T6 Aluminum handle provides a tough throwable Pocket Sai for practice, training, and EDC at a reduced cost. A blade made in 440A high carbon martensitic stainless steel with a hardness of HRC 40-45 makes a tough resilient stainless made for throwing and can take extreme abuse offering bending where harder alloys will break. This combination is a notable upgrade from the SS-Polymer trainer.
- Blade Milled from 440A Stainless Steel
- Heat Treated to 37-40 HRC
- 220+ ksi Tensile Strength
- Handle made in 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Hard-Coat Anodized Black
- 70 ksi Tensile Strength
- Custom Button made in Anodized Aluminum
- 6061-T6 Aluminum with Red Anodize
- Custom Screws made in 450 Stainless steel
- Heat Treated by Age Hardening to the H900 condition HRC 45
- 301 Stainless Steel Springs
- Cold work Hardened to a Spring Temper
- Extended length: 11.7 inches (297 mm)
- Collapsed length: 7.3 inches (186 mm)
- Weight: 5.0 oz.